How Wall Gardens Can Provide a Healthier Ambiance Inside your HomeJune 27, 2018
Did you know that most people spend 90% of their time indoors? While some may consider that being indoors so much is healthier than being outside, considering how polluted the environment is, and yet a study by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) tells us otherwise. Based on their findings, indoor air is usually two to five times more polluted than outdoor air.
While “bad air” isn’t the only problem health conscious people should worry about. The inactivity related to staying indoors has also been linked to poor mental health. Studies have shown that inactivity can even symptoms of anxiety and depression. Thankfully, there is something people can do to help their situation, to provide a healthier ambiance inside their homes, and to stimulate activity.
Wall Gardens for a Healthier Ambiance Inside Your Home
What is a wall garden? A wall garden, a.k.a. vertical garden, is an innovate means that allows you to grow plants in a limited space, indoors or outdoors. Instead of growing plants horizontally on land, they are set up vertically against walls. Today, it is mainly used as an alternative method of gardening for people with limited outdoor space.
What health benefits do wall gardens offer?
1. Vertical wall gardens clean indoor air.
EPA warns that indoor air pollution can be up to 100 times worse than outdoor air, and considers it one of the leading environmental dangers to human health. Air pollution exists in all types of homes, whether it is an apartment in an urban city or a house in a rural town. This “bad air” has led to an increase of allergies and asthma in children.
Beyond aesthetics, wall gardens can make your home a healthier place to live in. Combined with practices such as keeping windows open and letting air flow freely throughout your home, plants can filter out pollution and make the air cleaner.
2. Wall gardens provide numerous psychological benefits.
Wall gardens can also help you manage stress and improve overall mental health. Numerous studies have shown the benefits of caring for plants, it reduces stress levels and caused people to be in a happier mood. Gardening even alleviates symptoms of anxiety and depression, largely because it prevents inactivity.
3. Adds natural beauty inside your home.
The freshness and vibrancy of the natural green colour of wall gardens definitely adds design value and beauty inside your home. The shades of green are pleasant to the eyes and adds a unique design and visual appeal that plastic or synthetic plants cannot match.
Owning a wall garden is more than a fad, it should be considered as part of a healthy lifestyle, especially for people who stay at home a lot. Everyone in your home can benefit from improved physical, mental, and emotional health – and experience a more balanced and happier life, and they can with a wall garden because it provides a healthier ambiance inside your home.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Outdoor Living Green Wall Gardens Contribute to A Healthier Environment
- How Green Wall Gardens Help Enhance Restaurant and Cafe Ambiance
- Multi-Purpose Wall Garden Pots for a Beautiful Vertical Garden
- How Wall Gardens Can Contribute to Health and Wellness
- Can Vegetables Grow in Vertical Gardens?
- Wall Garden Creativity: Adding Greenery for a Bright and Sunny Interior
- Things to Consider Before Starting Your Home Vertical Garden
- Why Multi-Unit Developers Should Consider Adding Vertical Gardens
- How Wall Gardens Can Provide a Healthier Ambiance Inside your Home
- Essential Materials before Starting Your Wall Garden
- Healthy Effects of Living Wall Gardens
- Living Wall Gardens Give the Perfect Ambiance to Your Spa-Like Bathroom
- How Vertical Gardens and Living Walls Can Help the Environment
- Benefits of Using Wall Gardens as Home and Office Dividers
- The Indoor and Outdoor Appeal of Wall Gardens
- Vertical Garden Kits Make Life Easier for Beginners
- Tips in Choosing the Best Plants for Your Vertical Garden
- Why Should You Have Your Own Wall Garden?