Things to Consider Before Starting Your Home Vertical GardenJuly 27, 2018
If you've walked around enough urban environments, you've likely come across towering vertical wall gardens. Vertical gardens aren't exactly new, but they are becoming more and more popular over the world. Essentially, these gardens are built using hydroponic techniques so that growers can craft a garden using the vertical space in their homes and business areas. Vertical gardens are beautiful, effective, and downright fun to play around with. With all of that being said, if you want to bring a vertical garden to your own home or business, you are going to need to consider a few different things first. Today, let's talk about the ins and outs of starting your own home vertical garden while focusing on what you should consider before ever planting a seed.
Consider This Before Starting A Vertical Garden
While gardening is ostensibly a simple activity, effective vertical gardening is an entirely different subject. Vertical gardens are known for being towering, beautiful spaces that bring nature into areas that otherwise would have had trouble occupying it. Starting and maintaining a vertical garden isn't as easy as merely planting a few seeds in soil and waiting for them to grow. Instead, you need to take stock of several important conditions before deciding to start your vertical garden. Here are the main points of focus you want to understand:
- Wall Space - You are first and foremost going to need to address your vertical wall space. Not only do you need enough space to install your gardening hardware, you also need to have enough space for the garden itself to grow. Different plants have different space requirements, so keep this in mind as you prepare.
- Sun Positioning - Sun conditions are incredibly important when developing your vertical garden. You have to have your wall facing toward the sun, free of obstruction, so that your plants can get the light that they need to grow. This instantly negates many potential spots in your home.
- Your Budget - Vertical gardening can be as simple as a trip to the hardware store or it can be as complicated and expensive as you want to make it. Take a realistic and careful stock of your budget before deciding on the type of vertical garden that you want to pursue.
- Different Plants - With vertical gardens, you are likely going to be fairly hands off after the plants start to grow. This means you have to carefully select the plants that you choose to grow. For example, planting a tomato next to a smaller plant might be a bad idea due to the conflict that will arise as they fight for light.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Outdoor Living Green Wall Gardens Contribute to A Healthier Environment
- How Green Wall Gardens Help Enhance Restaurant and Cafe Ambiance
- Multi-Purpose Wall Garden Pots for a Beautiful Vertical Garden
- How Wall Gardens Can Contribute to Health and Wellness
- Can Vegetables Grow in Vertical Gardens?
- Wall Garden Creativity: Adding Greenery for a Bright and Sunny Interior
- Things to Consider Before Starting Your Home Vertical Garden
- Why Multi-Unit Developers Should Consider Adding Vertical Gardens
- How Wall Gardens Can Provide a Healthier Ambiance Inside your Home
- Essential Materials before Starting Your Wall Garden
- Healthy Effects of Living Wall Gardens
- Living Wall Gardens Give the Perfect Ambiance to Your Spa-Like Bathroom
- How Vertical Gardens and Living Walls Can Help the Environment
- Benefits of Using Wall Gardens as Home and Office Dividers
- The Indoor and Outdoor Appeal of Wall Gardens
- Vertical Garden Kits Make Life Easier for Beginners
- Tips in Choosing the Best Plants for Your Vertical Garden
- Why Should You Have Your Own Wall Garden?